Sunday, November 29, 2009

Advent

Advent always begins with a reading that sounds like Chicken Little and "the sky is falling."  But it is truly a season of hope and encouragement.  The falling sky is a prelude to a new heavens and a new earth.  I do long for fulfillment of all that I hear God promise us--peace, life, joy, holiness.  But then I spend a lot of my daily life asking "why?"  Why isn't it all here as I envision it?  This advent I want to stop asking "why?" and start resting in a trusting attitude.  After all, the rest of today's readings also talked about God being our justice.  I want to trust that God's justise, which I am too limited to completely comprehend, is at work.  And then it is my role to be patient, hopefilled and about the task of making the world "good news" to the best of my ability.

1 comment:

Order Pills Antibacterial said...

This is good site to spent time on.